Monday, April 23, 2012

No Longer Cool

B, I don't know when it happened, but at some point over the past week or so, I am no longer the cool #1 mom in your life. Sure, I know you love me and you still let me indulge in cuddle time daily, but in a sense you have realized that I am not the center of your universe. And it sucks. I am only (slightly) a little okay with it since your dad seems to be the light of your life. You absolutely light up when you realize that he's around and when he enters the room. You try to wiggle and squirm out of my arms until you get his attention enough to get to him. And once he picks you up--let the dancing commence. You literally jump for joy, smile, giggle and dance as he tosses you to and fro. It is pretty cool to see (though I really hate to admit it). Okay, so I was fine sharing the attention with your big brother as he has captured your heart and attention since day one, but geez, I am still cooler than dad, right? Dad keeps telling me that I am fighting a loosing battle. I guess I am reminded that the three of yall will have a bond that I won't share in. And I am okay with that. I am glad the boys have each other and that yall can openly love each other and enjoy spending time with each other. I will be here to do all the mommy stuff and to love every minute of it...even if that means occasionally moving to #2 in your book (we secretly both know that I will ALWAYS be #1 to all of you :). Anyhow, all continues to go well with our transition. Both of you boys are falling into line and we are establishing a routine. More than ever, I am just grateful to be near to family and friends and the love and support. I have missed that over the past 11 years! And I am glad that my boys are getting the opportunity to be loved by their extended family first-hand. We did our best with phone and skype, but nothing beats being here in person. Cherishing the moments...

No comments: