Sunday, May 13, 2012

Two Special Days

B, yesterday you turned 7 months old! Bitter sweet cause now you are closer to a year old than you are to a newborn. Of course, it continues to be amazing watching you grow and come into your own.

Today, we celebrate mother's day...my fifth as a mother and first as a mother of two. On this day, I am reminded on how blessed I am, how amazing it is to watch both of my boys grow and thrive. The sleepless nights and sometimes stressful days...I wouldn't trade them for anything. I am more than blessed to be called your mommy!

As for B, here are some updates on your 7th month:

-Your personality is starting to show big time. You are still a charmer and will laugh and smile, your smile lights up the room. But if you are not impressed by something, around strangers or just trying to figure something out, you remain stoic and puzzled. It's cute though.

-You have two teeth on the bottom and I think one is trying to cut through on the top.

-You can now get up on all fours and rock back and forth. You want to just take off so badly, but you haven't put it all together yet. Selfishly, I am enjoying your non-mobile stage, so I am not in a rush for you to crawl or walk...But you, well, you want to follow your brother and play with him, so I know you'd rather figure it out sooner rather than later.

-You are still eating stage 2 organic baby food items. Your favorites include oatmeal and rice cereal, carrots and anything flavored with fruit. You do not like green beans, but you will eat peas every now and again. But you are not eating and sampling table food. You want a taste of whatever it is when someone is eating around you. You enjoy pieces of bread, french fries and had your first ritz cracker a few days ago. You will suck and chew on organic teething biscuits and organic puffs as well. You just like the idea of eating what we are eating. Dad even let you taste a little lemonade...you loved that, but we aren't making that a normal occurance just yet :)

-Sleep, well, no progress there. You are still waking up several times a night. You eat and go back to bed, so it's not that bad, but yeah, I am tired. I feel like I have tried everything in the book short of letting you scream your head off, and it doesn't seem to be working. Just wondering when you'll turn the corner with this sleep thing.

-Your hair is growing in big time. It's getting long and thick. It's still straight in the front and you can see little curls in the back. Cute!

-You have found your voice and now you know when to express displeasure. If we take something from you that you are into, you will scream at us and start to cry. Conversely, when you are happy, you coo and talk lovingly to us.

-No updates right now for your weight and height, though I don't think you've sprouted that much over the past four weeks.

-And btw, much to dad's displeasure, you waited until yesterday to have your first blow out on his shirt and pants...we were at one of our favorite restaurants and let's just say operation clean the poop was in full effect. yuck!

So I think that's it for now. I am sure I have missed something. I will update more later.

Happy mother's day to the one who taught me what being a mother was all about. I love you mommy! I can only hope to be half the mother you are :)

No comments: