Friday, April 13, 2012

Field Trippin'

Breathe in...now breathe out...Inhale...Exhale...And repeat!

I have to keep reminding myself of that today. J, it's your first field trip today. You are heading to the zoo with your class and then to Ryan's for lunch. I didn't get to drop you off at school this am, but I am told that you were ready to go though you did want Mimi to tag along with your class. So you should be pulling up to the zoo right now. I know you will have fun and enjoy the animals, but I wanted to go too. Dad had to remind me that we have to let you go and let you fly...but that just doesn't sound right, or fair right now. You need us to go with you and hold your hand and make sure you see all the animals and that you can buy a treat in the store. You still need me to explain why everything is as it is, right? Alas, maybe you don't. I mean, of course you do, but it's okay for you to go and explore without me sometimes too. Geez, this is hard. I know I sound crazy, but you'll understand one day. In the meantime, I am counting down the time until we can pick you up from school, hear all about the zoo adventures and know that you're safe. Yeah, that's right, while you on your field trip, I am field trippin' over here! Don't laugh.

And B, next time you decide to party from 3am to 5am, be sure to invite your daddy!

Hope yall have a good weekend. It feels good to be back in blog land. I would love to hear from yall...so please, comment :)

No comments: