Friday, March 2, 2012

It's Raining Hair

And I am not singing halleliugh about it!

Now, don't get me wrong, my hair is the longest and the thickest it's been in a while. I attribute that to the preggo hormones, but also to the fact that I no longer get relaxers. #teamnatural

When B turned three months old, I thought I had escaped the dreaded postpartum hair shedding. As I was doing a little celebratory dance (I should know better by now), the hair starting falling out before my eyes. Cue the tears. For a few weeks, hair was EVERYWHERE dot com! All over the bathrooom floor, my pillow, the back of my shirts. The long strands were leaving a trail behind me every time I walked! Now, I understand the science behind this as your hair rarely sheds during pregnancy, yada, yada, yada...but to see this ish is something all the way different. I drew the line in the sand when I found hair in B's mouth and wrapped around his fingers (and yes, him pulling my hair out was probably the cause of that one, but you get where I am going here).

So I am back on the herbal supplements and vitamins in hopes to hold on to a few of my leftover strands. This is all temporary, right?

My friend over at Curly Hue and RedStick Naturals, what helped you and your readers with this?

I need advice...

1 comment:

Courtney C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.