Thursday, March 1, 2012

9 Months On...4 Months Off

So I can say that in just a little over four months, I am back to my pre-baby size.

Here's a quick view...



So I was ecstatic to be able to put on my "skinny" jeans last week and frankly, I was shocked when they fit. I was expecting to have to leave them unbuttoned and feel stuffed all day, but I was willing to do so to be cute, LOL. But I slipped them right on and buttoned them without a problem. Now, my body, though the same size is very different in composition and that flat belly I used to show off doesn't boast the abs of steel anymore.

But...here's the flip side...I still have about 15 to 20 pounds to go to be at my most comfortable weight. When my dad passed away in March of 2010, I battled with depression and just utter sadness and packed on some pounds. Before I found out B was on the way, I was on a serious mission to loose weight and had been working out and pushing myself like crazy. Once we realized B was on board, I was advised by the doc to back down on the working out and really just didn't feel well enough to continue, so I gladly stopped. Well, now, I need to get back to it.

I have been doing pilates here, which I LOVE and I can already see a difference in my body and muscle tone, so that's working. Now, I just need to up my cardio and I think I will be fine to continue to see the scale go down. Now that I have put it out there in the blog world, let's hope you hold me accountable and I stay motivated. I plan to update weekly with my weigh in's (though I haven't decided if I will be bold enough to share the numbers just yet, LOL).

2 comments:

Courtney C said...

I accidentally posted on the wrong entry at first. But you go, Nikki! You look great. I need you to keep me accountable too, as I try to lose this weight and get in shape. And I haven't even had a baby so I have no excuse! :-)

Nikki said...

LOL, you look great,but let's do it...Let's start an email chain or something to check in once a week!