Friday, November 11, 2011

Eleven Eleven Eleven

So I guess baby B wanted to stick to the Eleven theme for the day. He had his four week check with the doctor this morning. We were all taking bets on how much weight he's gained and let's just say that we were all blown away. So here are his stats:

Baby Boy B
4 weeks, 2 days old
11 pounds, 2 ounces
22 inches

Yep, you read it right. Baby boy has passed the 11 pound mark. Whoa. At 2 weeks, he was almost 9 pounds, so he's holding steady gaining a pound a week. Meal time is still one of his favorite times. He's eating 4-5 ounces per feeding every three hours. I compared his stats to J and while J weighed more at birth, it seems that B is gaining more steadily and quickly. We will see how they compare at eight weeks.

Speaking of weight, I think I told yall that I went to the doctor earlier in the week too. Praise report--despite the major surgery I had last year and the c-section, I am healing well and much better than my (awesome) doctor expected. Okay, back to weight--probably the best news for me, well, you know what I mean...I am only three (count it 3!!!) pounds away from my pre-baby weight. Whoa. And that's without exercise or anything. It's not like I gained a ton, but I didn't expect to drop it this quickly either. Definitely one check in the "not complaining" box. I have all these lofty goals to start yoga (Ayo, I am gonna do it!) and pilates and get back to my running (love, love, love the "Black Girls Run" website) after I am cleared by the doctor in another few weeks, so holiday sexy--here I come...LOL!

Anyhow, back to the boys...Just so we all check in--J is holding STRONG at 64 pounds...CRAZY! At his four year old check up, he's over the curve (as he has been since he turned one) and is very tall (almost to my breasts). So looks like I will have two big men to protect mommy one day. Baby B is in the 90th percentile in weight, height and head measurements and as I said, Joshua is wayyyyy over the curve. But since they are proportional, the doc isn't concerned. Again, they will just be some big boys and I love every minute of that... #futureprosportsmom !

Well, I think that's it for today. I keep hearing that there's supposed to be some majestic thing in the air today and the ladies are overcrowding the area delivery rooms to have their babies today (nut cases), but yeah, well, I missed making a wish at 11:11 this morning, so since I know me and B will be doing the baby dance tonight, here's to a great wish come true at 11:11pm for us and for all of you.

Much love and happy weekend :)

No comments: