Saturday, November 5, 2011

Weekend Randoms

Just a few musings and thoughts from the past few days...

-As I turned in my last paper before my final exam for my class, I thought...Hey, maybe I am superwoman! I will somehow manage to complete two more courses toward my PhD while taking care of my newborn and preschooler. Even though I have resolved that "passing grades" would be good enough for now, I am striving for A's...Only one final away in one class, then we will work on the other.

-If anyone has the magic good behavior pill for four year old's, please send it my way. For some reason, my sweet, adorable, loving boy J has decided that there's no reason to display that same wonderful behavior within the confines of his school. Eeekkk!! What to do? I am trying to work with his teachers on his behavior plan, but it's hard as we don't see those same behaviors at home. Magic pills can be sent via UPS directly to my house. I will provide a shipping account number free of charge!

-Sometimes we all need a break...Yes, working full time is HARD, but being at home full time is hard as well. I never thought I could be a stay-at-home mom. With J, I had to work from home for his first few weeks as there was no leave granted to me back then. This time around, with the medical leave and FMLA, I have the blessing of being able to be home to take care of my little ones while still getting a paycheck. But hey, some days the laundry goes undone, dishes are left in the sink and dinner doesn't make it to the table. And that doesn't mean I sat around on my @*! all day. I just can't figure out where the time goes on days like that. Before I know it, it's 4pm and I am just getting around to brushing my teeth (TMI, but that's reality)...

-ROUTINE! That's what I miss most right now. I thrive on knowing what to expect and when to expect it and that plus newborn don't mix. B is pretty predictable though, eating every three hours, playing for a bit, sleeping and waking up to eat again. The cycle doesn't change much, but that doesn't mean I can count on it to stay the same. I am learning to just roll with it.

Well, that's all for now...Just a few weekend ramblings. I hope you guys enjoy your weekends...

GO JAGS...GO TIGERS...GO SAINTS!!!!

#LouisianaSportsFan!

No comments: