Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Going it Alone

I love every minute with my little guys. As I said, J keeps me on my toes and is in constant motion. B, well, he's doing all things newborn right now and it's a constant up-and-go attending to both of their needs. I don't have to tell the moms out there about the round the clock feedings, diaper changes, comforting AND the reading, playing with cars, preschool runs, etc. Ahhhh, the life with a newborn and preschooler...and oddly (or not) I wouldn't change the madness for anything.

BUT I know that I couldn't do this alone. I guess you do what you have to do, but geez, without my mom and big J, I would probaly be a royal mess by now. On top of healing from my C-section, I couldn't be as effective or present without them. I guess this all has a way to humble you. I now know, if I ever had any doubt, that I am not superwoman...and I am proud to admit that (cue the jaws dropping)...but seriously, as an over achiever, coming to that realization should be rather upsetting to me, but it's just the opposite.

You see, I have always been "that girl" ... You know, the straight A student, president of the class, model, dancer -- well rounded and successful in all things. At work, I produce great events and constantly stand out on top. I am a go-getter and I don't like to settle for less than the best. So I guess I have this drive to be that superwoman...but looking at my sons, I have realized now more than ever that some things are just more important. The don't need me to channel my super hero powers, they need me to be the best me I can be...to love them, provide a safe and secure environment, foster their dreams and to be FULLY present.

And I couldn't be any of those things without help. So to J and my fab mommy, I say THANK YOU fully.

I don't know how folks go this road alone...

Blessed!