Sunday, December 4, 2011

25/8

Now, for those of yall who truly know me, you know that I have never been a real big fan of MJB. I don't know why, never have and though I love some of her songs, I'd never buy the CD...Well, until now...25/8 has become my theme song...and no, not for the love and reasons that she belts out in her lyrics (though it is pretty great), but because with everything on my plate, I would LOVE an extra hour in the day and an extra day in the week! Just a thought...

Okay, so snaps to myself (join in if you care to)...I got an A+ in my latest PhD course! YAY :). So why didn't I start classes earlier? I would have three degrees by now...Okay, back to my A...I was hesitant to sign up for the latest class because I would be taking it during months five through nine of cooking B. But I knew that if I stopped, it would take some motivating to get going again. My first semester, I took two classes, but I knew I couldn't do that again this time around, so I just took one--Financial Aspects of Sports. I chose that one because, hey, it's what I deal with every day and two, the class required a final exam instead of a final research paper. So I made my way through it and did all the assignments before B arrived with the exception of the final. So I snuggled in on Thanksgiving day and braved the three hour final. Given the sleep deprivation and overall busyness (see aforementioned paragraph), I didn't study nearly as much as I should have, but I was running out of time. So I was delighted yesterday to receive a nice email from my professor that included the A...In his words, I DID A+ WORK! So yay, snaps to me!!!!!!!!!!! Nine credits down, only I don't know how many more to go...I can't think about that, just knocking them out one class at a time :)

My family is my motivation (cue Kelly Rowland song...not for "those" reasons either though, LOL...just the title)

No comments: