Friday, December 2, 2011

The Halls are Decked

It's officially Christmastime at 2999. Okay, so I had this grand idea of how I was gonna decorate my B. Smith designer Christmas tree this year. I was thinking of repurposing the chocolate brown and bronze bulbs from last year and adding a teal accent bulb here and there along with some of those fancy winding sticks and bows and clear lights. I had grand plans and I was ready to see what my designer touch could fabricate...Enter the mommy tree. I will just say my boys had other plans...So as I gaze at the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation-like tree, I am beaming as brightly as the multicolor and neon lights that adorn the branches. The rainbow assortment of ornaments scattered about and train going through the pine needles remind me of what I like the most about this holiday. The star and bow that have replaced my black angel still give me peace and most importantly the smile on my boys faces as they hear the train roar with music and see the assorted lights flicker is worth more than any designer tree could give me. So yeah, despite my initial thoughts, I have the best Christmas tree in the world!

Along with the holiday decorations, baby B is now more fun as well (if that were possible, lol). As with big brother J, around seven weeks, they both seemed to "wake up" and become more present in the world. So now, we are awakened by little laughs and greeted with the biggest, gummy smiles all the time. To say that it warms our hearts would be an understatement.

We are looking forward to a great, relaxing weekend and we hope that you have one as well. We are going to finish our Christmas shopping tomorrow. I did most of it online already, so we just have to pick up a few things...And oh yeah, if you're on our list, please send your gift requests ASAP. It'll still be a surprise if you take the guessing game part of shopping out of it for me :).

Big sports weekend on tap as well...we will find out Sunday who will head to my bowl game. Odd to not be in the mix with all the college football madness, but hey, my time with my family is way more important than that.

Okay, let me stop rambling and get on with the weekend. Drop us a line or a comment when you can.

Love yall!

No comments: