Friday, December 23, 2011

Saying Hello...and Goodbye

Well, the final preps are underway for our trip back home for the holidays. We are looking forward to a little time away from the 80 degree temps and sunny weather (okay, just kidding about that part). But seriously, it'll be nice to be in a familiar land with familiar people that we love and cherish. Sometimes it's so darn hard to be far away! Anyhow, I am thankful that big J managed to get a few days from work to join us for a little bit. The little guys and I will have an extended stay and look forward to spending the time eating (a lot) and visiting with family and friends.

I wrote in my last post that my Mawmaw passed away. I still don't know how to come to grips with this as it's like I have lost another tangible connection to my dad. They had the same eyes and I was looking forward to looking into her eyes this holiday and seeing the piece of my dad that shared so much with me and radiated so much love. But that's not to be. I wanted to see the smile on her face as she kissed J on the forehead and held B in her arms, but I guess our reunion will happen in another time and space. I hope she is rejoicing and has my dad in her love and embrace. This sucks. And what I have learned through all this more than anything is that life goes on...people come, people go...material things fade, but the world keeps spinning and we have to as well.



Since we will be away from the house for the actual "big day," Santa visited 2999 last night. He happened to come while J was taking a bath. To see the shock and excitement on his face when he came out was what life is all about. We didn't go overboard this year, but J loved every minute! He even opened gifts for his little brother and tried to explain them to him. B was more concerned with eating and getting off to bed this year :)...How that will change in a few years, LOL. So the spirit of the holidays definitely warmed our hearts through the eyes of our children.


So I am off to finish packing. Drop me a line and let me know if you'll be in town for the holidays. We'd love to see yall.


I'll leave you with our Christmas blessing...from my two special gifts :)

Happy Christmas everyone!





No comments: