Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Double Digits

Baby boy, you are ten weeks old today! Wow...Looking back at some of the pictures (which seems like they were taken just yesterday), I have realized how you have changed so much. You are so much fun and we love talking to you and snuggling with you.

We have been super busy the past few days. Our bowl game went well last night and it was good for me to see my coworkers and friends. Of course, everyone was excited to see J and meet B...So after a few days in the hotel enjoying bowl week activities and spreading some Christmas cheer, we are back home. We'll have about a day to unpack, wash and repack before we head out of town for the holidays and I, for one, can't wait.

The holidays will be a little sad this year. I am trying to think of it positively by saying that I have gained another angel, but it's tough. Yesterday morning, my mawmaw passed away. She was hospitalized a brief time before she died. My dad's mom was awesome and always reminded me to appreciate the simple things in life. My heart is heavy that though she saw pictures of Baby B, she will never get to meet him or hold him. I am somewhat comforted by the fact that my daddy now has both of his parents with him in heaven and I pray that their spirits are all rejoicing together. But yeah, this sucks. In times like these, I wonder about faith and the fairness of it all. I am not going to get into it on this blog post, but that'll be coming soon.

We love you MawMaw (or Mamom as she preferred sometimes). Please watch over me and my boys. May you get your wings and be granted peace. Please hug my dad for me. You are both missed beyond measure!

No comments: