Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And We're Back...

As you can tell from my previous (short) post, we are back home and back to reality. Sometimes that leaves very little free time for me and on a rare moment where I can steal away some peace and quiet, I opt for a nap (when I am lucky), but more often than not, I am in fast forward trying to clean the house, do laundry, wash dishes, cook dinner, talk to mom, reply to text messages and brush my teeth all at the same time :). Despite the craziness, it's good to be back home. I will have to admit that it was nice not to have to wash a bottle or prepare formula for eleven days (thanks mom) and it was even more nice (or nicer, which is correct?) to have extra arms to love on baby B and entertain J (thanks Guncle).

Anyhow, baby B, you are 12 weeks old today! It seems like the same chorus line on repeat, but really, um, where did the time go? You are an awesome baby and now you are even more amazing when you smile, talk and laugh with us. You LOVE talking to your big brother and have just recently discovered your hands and the connection between your hands and your mouth. Well, you'll be three months old next week, so I will save the full updates for that time. But yeah, so you have finished your last trimester according to the baby books. You are out and in the world and we wouldn't have it any other way :). I try not to miss a moment of enjoying the time that I spend with you and your brother and I am so grateful that I am still able to enjoy every day with you without the pressure of working right now.

J, you are such a big boy. I was sooooo proud of you this am. You were so super excited to be going back to school that you literally RAN down the hall when I dropped you off to get to your classroom. You are doing so well in school and are the smartest kid in the class (well, of course, I think so, but yeah, so do your teachers!!!). Keep up the good work :)

To recap the holidays and the past week or so (I know this is a bit out of order, but just indulge me)...B, you did super well on your first airline flight. The flight was about an hour and ten minutes and mom, dad and J were so proud of you. You ate upon take off, fell asleep for a little bit, talked to us and refused the bottle when we were descending. I was worried that you would be fussy with your ears and the change in pressure, but you didn't make a sound. I think you're going to be an expert flyer by the time you are four just like your brother!

The boys met lots and lots of family and friends while we were at home. With my grandmother's funeral, they were able to see and meet more family than they would have on a normal holiday visit, so that, of course, was bitter sweet. I am still trying to get over the sadness that my grandmother never got to meet baby B (so don't get me started on the emotions I still have when I think about how much my dad would have adored him...it chips away at my heart each time J asks for his PawPaw as well)...Anyhow, my uncle, aunt and cousins came to visit us and we had a grand time. We also enjoyed time with the boys' paternal grandmother and great aunts. Everyone is amazed with J's growth and the development of his language and capitvated by the new little man in the family.

We brought in the new year separated. Dad had to get back home to work and we stayed behind for a few more days. Nonetheless, we were all grateful and blessed to see the year turn on the calendar. As he usually does, J stayed up with Mimi to see the stroke of midnight and celebrate in his own little way. B and dad brought in the new year in their dreams. Mom hung out with Guncle a little bit and had a good time, but missed being together with everyone. Next year, we know our celebrations will be different as we will all plan to be in one place and start our own traditions!

Well, I think that's all for now. I leave you with one of my favorite pictures of my dudes...(as the little one now awakes for food--BTW, I added a teaspoon of rice cereal to his night bottle for the first time today, let's see how it goes...)

Love yall!

No comments: