Saturday, January 14, 2012

On Getting Out

Sometimes it's hard being far away from home yall. All the people we know and love and our closest friends are at least 8 hours away by car. Thankfully, we get home to visit or have folks come to see us every so often. That keeps me sane until the times when I can reconnect with those who truly know me...I think we underestimate how important that connection is sometimes.

Anyhow, I have a habit of even staying in and not doing much outside of our normal activities (and the mall...and the beach during the spring and summer) and not discovering the stuff around us. I make no apologies in saying that this place isn't among my favorite places to live and we are looking for a one way ticket to have our family relocate, but in the meantime, I am trying to have a different perspective about it all.

Now granted, it is HARD to up and get out with a preschooler and an infant. I mean, some days, I do all I can do just to get them dressed and make it out the door.

Where am I going with all this?

Well, one of my beautiful friends was in town for work. Rarely do people remember we are here and reach out to us when they are in the area, so I was blessed to hear from her. And when I say she got out and taught me some things about MY city...How awesome. I know she would probably say that I talked too much (sorry, girl, just hard when you don't have adult interaction that much) but she put up with me and we had a great time doing one of my favorite things...shopping at the outlet mall :). The boys were actually good for the most part and baby B did much better with the car ride (with only a short bout of crying on the way back--did I mention that I have mastered driving with one hand while reaching in the back seat and feeding him his bottle with the other???). I won't mention that I have been in the area for three years and have never been to said outlet mall (shame on me)...Anyhow, we had a great visit and it was just good to be in the company of someone with whom I have a connection. We share a lot in that both of our fathers passed away within a few months of each other, so we know that pain and isolation like few others do (#daddy'sgirlsunite)...So thank you friend...For thinking of us...For loving on my boys...For the SHOPPING...For the great conversation...For listening...For understanding...For reminding me that I have to get out and keep moving!

We have a long weekend ahead of us...So we will GET out and do something else fun :). Enjoy your weekends. We love yall!~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwh! I had a great time visiting with you and the boys! And that power shopping we did was priceless! LOL

Thank you friend, for everything! Love ya! See you in a few months! (unless you get that one-way tix)