Monday, January 9, 2012

The Countdown is On

Only a little over a week before I head back to work. I have been very lucky to be able to have over three months at home with B. It's been awesome. J was born in the smack of an event, so he learned early on what life with mom would be like. I was at an event and at work when he was two weeks old (thanks to Mimi's help). So there was not really and leave per se with him. B's arrival came in between events...after my first football game and before my basketball event and bowl game. Because of the timing and extra support, I decided to maximize my leave. So with medical leave, saved vacation time and a few unpaid days, B will be almost 15 weeks before I go back to work. I don't have to tell you how that just doesn't happen for most folks who have to get back to work immediately. So I don't take it for granted. We have great arrangements for B when I return to work that hopefully will work smoothly. I am spending this week getting prepped for the transition. Granted I will only be in the office a few days a week, but those of you who know me IRL know that I want all the details ironed out so that we are ready to roll without incident. I am also trying to figure out what B's schedule is. I think I have a good idea about it, but I have pretty much been letting him dictate his own schedule, so I am not sure how I would write it down for someone else to follow. And alas...

***B is becoming a better sleeper***

Yes, that deserved its own line, LOL. Pretty much he's down by 9:30, wakes between 12:30am and 1am to eat and is right back to sleep. For the past few days, he's stretched out that sleep period until (can you believe it?) between 6am and 7am!!! Wooo hooo :)...then he'll go back to sleep until I am ready to wake him to get J off to school. He's done that two out of the last three nights, so now, I am calling it a new pattern (let's not jinx it). So that's technically only up once a night for mom and I am loving it. Let's hope it continues (and the church said AMEN). Of course, it will be nice when he eliminates that midnight feeding, but yes, I am celebrating this as a victory!

In other news, J is doing well at school and has gotten several wonderful reports. He's amazing to say the least! We are still debating organized sports for him and will probably take the leap sometimes soon. He LOVES his bowling team and is quite the bumper bowler, LOL. We shall see what's next...

And project "fit my clothes" is officially back on! I have a new pilates instructor and a bike, so yes, I am riding a mile to class and taking that butt whipping and riding a mile back home. So far, so good...

Love yall...Have a good Monday :)

No comments: